The Wrap-Up. I Need to Know...

 

What I have learned about personal branding and social media in this course is it is hard to make a name for yourself or your company. It is also hard to create meaningful content. The wise thing is to leverage the experience of those already in the field if they are willing to mentor you. You have to gain an audience and once you have gained it you have to maintain it and stay engaged on your social media platforms. I also learned that there is no way for you to manage a large number of platforms effectively so you have to choose the best couple and do your best with that until you are large enough to hire a team. Social media done correctly could make your brand but only if done well. 

What I would like to have an opportunity to learn more about is how to truly make something go viral. I know I can get a how to guide but there doesn’t seem to be a way to know how a project will perform automatically but there has to be a way to eliminate the randomness. It seems that most things that truly go viral are so random like a dance, a dress color, audio sound being heard different ways, a kid’s show song…et al. What makes people obsess about insignificant things like that and how to make meaningful thing go viral would be great to know.

The social media platforms I know I will be making better use of going forward are Instagram and Twitter. I didn’t really see the value in them before but now all I see is opportunity. I am going to try and get on and use TikTok however I am going to keep my expectation low as to how effective I will be but the bottom line is that I am going to be more active on social as it is not the future it is today. To continue to refuse to embrace the technology is to relegate myself and my relevance to the past.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here We Go! BMT Dry Run

Missed Opportunity

Step Into A World....